What do you write in a French birthday card?
Wishing you every happiness this special day brings. Have a wonderful birthday! Joyeux anniversaire [zhwy euz ahn ee vehr seyr] and bon anniversaire [bohn ahn ee vehr seyr] are commonly used in France, but in French-speaking parts of Canada, it’s usually bonne fête [bohn fet].
Do the French send birthday cards?
Card to please
Because the French don’t send Holiday or Season’s greeting cards, sending Happy New Year cards is pretty stress free. … Typically, the card is written on a mignonette, on a greeting card or even sometimes on an old fashion ‘carte de visite’ – calling card.
How you say Happy Birthday in French?
The other most common phrase to use on someone’s birthday is: Bon anniversaire ! Happy Birthday! While joyeux anniversaire means “happy birthday” in a more general way, bon anniversaire implies wishing the listener to experience a good birthday.14 мая 2020 г.
Are old birthday cards worth anything?
Most vintage greeting cards aren’t worth a lot of money, at least individually. But designers, crafters and artists often like to use the images in scrapbooking, decoupage and other applications – or simply for inspiration. They prefer to buy quantities of vintage cards.
How do you say happy birthday and best wishes in French?
Joyeux anniversaire or bon anniversaire are the standard ways to wish someone happy birthday in French.
How do you sign off a birthday card in French?
- je t’embrasse très fort = great big kiss, with lots of love. …
- meilleurs sentiments = best wishes.
- merci = thanks.
- mes amitiés = my best wishes, my best regards.
- mes salutations respectueuses = yours faithfully.
- mille baisers = a thousand kisses. …
- salut = bye. …
- salutations distinguées = distinguished salutations.
What can I say instead of happy birthday?
Ways to Say Happy Birthday
- All the best on your special day!
- Have a great birthday!
- I wish you a happier birthday than anyone else has wished you!
- It’s time to celebrate!
- Many more happy returns!
- May you have a fantastic day and many more to come!
- May your birthday be filled with laughter!
- All the best on your special day!
How do you say happy birthday without saying happy birthday?
New and Different Ways to Say “Happy Birthday”
- A million magic wishes to you!
- A remarkable year to come!
- All the best to you and the years to come.
- Blow the candle and make a wish.
- Happy anni-birth-sary!
- Happy anniversary with life.
- Happy Beerday!
Can I say Happy belated birthday?
The Meaning of Happy Belated Birthday
The word belated means that something is late or delayed. … Greetings can be late, however, so it makes much more sense to say late happy birthday, which is why belated happy birthday is the correct formulation.
How do you say good luck in French slang?
Good luck in French
- Bonne chance avec ça ! Good luck with that.
- Bonne chance à vous deux. Good luck to both of you.
- Au revoir et bonne chance. Goodbye and good luck.
- Adieu et bonne chance. …
- Bonne chance ! …
- Je vous souhaite bonne chance pour vos nouvelles responsabilités. …
- Je voulais juste dire bonne chance. …
- Bonne chance pour le convaincre !
How do you wish in French?
Some More Expressions
Je vous souhaite – I wish you…. The French wish each other well for almost everything. You just use the word “bon’ or ‘bonne’ or the phrase ‘je vous souhaite’ or je te souhaite..’ and you can be assured the French people will be happy with you.
How do you say Happy Birthday in French Creole?
bòn fèt is a Haitian Creole phrase that means “happy birthday” See more on our website.
What should I do with old greeting cards?
What to Do With Old Cards & Letters
- Scan & store them on your computer. …
- Tuck them in your scrapbook or journal. …
- Keep them so you can one day give them back to the writer. …
- Repurpose them into tags & gift cards. …
- Repurpose them into scrapbook & journal embellishments. …
- Repurpose card tops into postcards. …
- Donate card tops.
How do you declutter old greeting cards?
Here are some tips if you’re ready to declutter your old cards and letters:
- Find the treasures in the piles and keep those but let go of the others.
- Keep cards that have special notes written in them but say goodbye to those with just a basic signature.
- Let go of any cards or letters from people you don’t remember.